Monday, January 25, 2010

The things I'd do for you are too many to count, too deep to feel.
For you I'd crawl until I can walk.
For you I'd walk until I can run.
For you I'd run until we're strong enough to jump.
For you I'd cross oceans and border.
For you I'd stop biting my nails.
For you I'd throw all my dirty socks straight into the hamper.
For you I'd reach my wildest dreams.
For you I'd retire early.
For you I'd be lifetime companion.
For you I'd be a father to your children.
For you I'd be a brother to your siblings.
For you I'd be a son to your parents.
For you I'd stop smoking.
For you I'd give up my dessert.
For you I'd sleep on either side of the bed.
For you I'd never look back.
For you I'd stop a train.
For you I'd miss my flight.
For you I'd pay for dinner.
For you I'd make the commitment I was scared to.
For you I'd write a love song.
For you I'd keep your secrets.
For you I'd tell you my secrets.
For you I'd give it all away.
For you I'd face my past.
For you I'd drive a minivan.
For you I'd skip my midlife crisis.
For you I'd fulfill your fantasies.
For you I'd be there every night and day.
For you I'd be there.
For you I'd risk it all.

But I didn't take the chance, and now you may be gone. And so all these things I would do remain undone. The melancholy is overwhelming knowing everything I would do, but can't. So if there was any one thing I would do for you...
For you I'd never leave, because in trying to find out who I am, I lost the one that knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment