Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Have you ever had one of those days? The day when your alarm clock's ringing springs you out of bed, when you get showered and dressed just in time to make it to whatever it is you need to do, when you go off and spend your day like any other, but at the end, when you're home at night, sitting in bed with no one to talk to but yourself, you lie back trying to become introspective and think of the day, and it's as if your eyes never opened since the night before. Sometimes it's like we watch ourselves, like characters in a show, seeing it happen, but not quite controlling it. As if we are the puppets, and something is pulling the strings. We talk, but never have anything to say.
We smile, we frown, and yet when we stop to ask why, the only answer to find is in an empty chest. I know how certain things are supposed to make a person feel, but how do I ever really know that what I'm feeling now is happiness, or grief, or anger? Couldn't it all just be some cleverly calculated plan to tell me how i feel?
On those days, I rarely sleep. As I lie in bed, an emotional failure, there is one feeling I most certainly know. Caffeine holds nothing over fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment